LOCATION

The original cemetery started by Pedro Esparza was located about 1/2 mile south of Hwy 281 in track "O" in what is still known as the Carreta Quebrada. The cemetery was moved in 1888 to the north side of Hwy 281 in El Ranchito, Texas, about 8 1/2 miles west of the Brownsville city limits.

Menu

Through the years, the cemetery has been called La Encantada Cemetery (the name of the Esparza Ranch), El Ranchito Cemetery (since many people from the community are also buried there that are not related to the Esparza family), and the Esparza-Garcia Cemetery (to honor the memory of Francisca Garcia).